
Cole got his skateboard for Christmas from our best friends the Allen's. I didn't know what I thought about him getting a skateboard at age 4... but they
DID ask our permission before buying it for him. And knowing how fearless our son is, we agreed... So now that the weather is getting nicer, Cole has been itching to get out and give it a go! Me, being the peds ER nurse and protective mommy that I am, bundled him up in padding and helmet gear and then started to teach him how to ride... step by step. We

started in the grass, just so he could learn how to stand on it correctly. How to lean on it to turn, and all that. Now, I was never a skater myself, but I did know how to ride...a little bit!

Within a few minutes Cole was ready to take 'er out for a test ride. We live on just the right amount of a hill to give him a little speed, but not enough for him to lose control. He rode well for his first time out! Oh Lord, I see a broken elbow in our future! No no no... but he did fall a couple times, and thanks to the padding I equipped him with, he didn't even inherit a scratch!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home