Mother's Day
This Mother's Day was extremely special. I don't know why, because nothing really made it any more significant than any other Mother's Day. The week leading up to Sunday was filled with festivities put on by the kids at their schools. Paige made me a very cute invitation to a Mother's Day Tea to be held in her classroom and Cole made me a similar invitation to join him in a Mother's Day Brunch at his preschool. Luckily there were on separate days, and even luckier than that was that both dates flanked my work days, so I was able to go to both! Yay!
The children then filed in and sat in their spots on the stage. A powerpoint slideshow played in the background while the kids sang to us songs about mom's and sunshine that they had been working on for weeks. It was so cute! Following our little concert, the kids served us punch and cookies and then we were able to take our child home early for the afternoon, or join them for the rest of the day. I spent some time with Paige and her friends on the playground and then we went home. It was very special! Bravo Paige! And Bravo, Mr. Lindahl.
Friday morning came and I was up and dressed and ready for my brunch with Cole. The church atrium where the brunch was held was filled with round tables robed in white table cloths that
had floral centerpieces. There were carafes of milk and juice on each table, and it looked more like a wedding reception than a brunch in a preschool. Cole and I found a seat next to his buddy Tanner (the Tanner from my class, as he fondly calls him) and his mom Jenny. Ms. Shannon (the fabulous preschool director) opened the morning by saying a blessing and then reading to us from a book about mommies watching their babies grow up too fast. Thanks, Shannon, I needed a good cry! Then the little ones filed onto the stage and performed some cute little songs for us . . . more tears! After their little concert we were excused to the smorgasboard of donuts and breads and fruit. What a wonderful time.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home