Mommy and STILL an RN 4 LIFE

tales of a mom of 2 and ER nurse

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

This blog spot is dedicated to sharing my love for life and family, as well as being a wife, mother, and nurse.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Chaperone for a day

Both Cole and Paige took field trips this year to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. It is FINE with me, because that is one of my favorite places to go! In fact, we have a membership and quite frankly, due to it's location to us, we don't get there nearly enough! I had to go with Cole and his preschool class because that is the only way that he would have been able to go. But with Paige's class, they simply asked for volunteer chaperones... I stepped up!

Thinking it would be like when I took Cole, I'd planned on driving down there with her and spending the morning with her going through the exhibits. But I forget, we're not in preschool anymore. Paige was to ride the bus, and parents were to meet them down there. They broke the kids into groups, and was assigned a "group" to chaperone. The class was going to the museum to see the new health exhibit, not just toodle around the museum.

It actually turned out to be a lot of fun. I carpooled downtown with 3 other mom's from the class and got to know them as we left ahead of the kids and stopped at starbucks and enjoyed coffee beverages outside in the sun before starting our day of rounding up 1st graders! And my "group" consisted of Paige, Tori and Brian. Tori is my best friend Jen's daughter, and Brian, is my good friend and co-worker Ana's son. So I lucked out!

We made our way through Expedition Health and had a really fun time doing things such as finding out how fast we walk, seeing ourselves age on the computer to an age of 75, and dressing up in lab gear to scrape our cheeks and die our cells to look at under a microscope. The kids also watched an interactive show on what our bodies go through when we climb the mountains here in Colorado. It was a show that easily compares to something Disney might put on - complete with real heat and wind and even snowfall in the theater! It was a great time and ended with a picnic and class picture out on the lawn! I would chaperone another field trip in a heartbeat! Literally!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home