My tree
Our family room is my favorite room of the house, particularly in the morning. The sun is over the front of the house, and our family room is on the back of our house, so I love to open all the shades and in the spring and summer, the windows... and enjoy the serenity of the room. I don't know to explain it, but something about the light and the sounds sets me at total ease! Right outside of one of the big windows in our family rooms sits my favorite aspen tree. It is a huge clump that is taller than our house and the trunks and branches are thick, as is the foliage. When a slight breeze blows through, the leaves rustle and make the perfect sound.
Well, a critter has decided he likes the tree just as well. Lately in the mornings I had been hearing a sort of clicking noise outside the window. At first I thought it was the twiggy leaf-free branches hitting the window. Then I noticed our kitty, Miles, had taken quite an interest in the noise as well. It wasn't long as I figured out the clicking was a squirrel's bark. It hangs out just outside our family room and likes to bark at Miles. I think it's kind of cute that this little squirrel comes to visit us every morning, but I hope he doesn't stick around forever! I'd like to get my peaceful mornings back!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home