Mommy and STILL an RN 4 LIFE

tales of a mom of 2 and ER nurse

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

This blog spot is dedicated to sharing my love for life and family, as well as being a wife, mother, and nurse.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Not an ordinary visit to see mommy!

One of the perks of being an ER nurse is all the connections I have within the community. Whether it be the Fire department, Police department, or...in this case... AirLife! AirLife is our critical care transport. They transport patients all over the country by Ambulance and Fixed Wing, but are perhaps best known for their Helicopters. AirLife transports many of my sick pediatric patients to Presbyterian St. Lukes, so I know all the flight nurses, medics and pilots well.
A couple of weeks ago Robert brought the kids to have lunch with me and AirLife had just brought in a critical patient. The kids were bragging to me about how they got to watch the helicopter land and how cool it was. I told them I could top that... I could get them up close and personal with the flight crew AND they could even get into the helicopter. This, my friends, turned out not to be just a normal "visit mommy at work" day!
Here is Cole sitting in the cockpit of one of our AirLife helicopters....



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home