Paige's 1st Tooth
So a couple of weeks ago Mom took us out to celebrate Robert and I's birthdays. Our birthdays are 1 week apart, so as a combined celebration, mom took us somewhere nice. We went to to The Saltgrass Steakhouse in Parker. After a yummy meal, like I always do, I grabbed a toothpick on my way out the door. I always secretly hope that they are the minty ones, but this one was not. This time, Paige grabbed one as well. She said it felt like she had something in her teeth. Probably steak bits, I was thinking.
That night, we were doing our normal bedtime routine. Brush hair, wash face, brush and floss teeth. She is pretty good at doing it herself, but since she had eaten steak that night, I decided to give her a little help. That's when I noticed she had a brand new big girl tooth growing in behind her row of baby teeth. It was exciting, and terrifying, all at the same time. Her baby tooth was NOT loose.
The next day we made a quick stop in at the dentist just to make sure that it was OK. Dr. Novak is our families dentist, and he rocks. However, he was in the middle of a procedure, so he was unable to check her tooth for me. The ladies in the office are always very nice. They know me by name because I have referred so many of my friends to the practice. I joke that I have singlehandedly grown their practice to the official dentistry of the Southlands Moms and Bubs (the playgroup I am in)! They assured me that the new tooth would push the baby tooth out and there was nothing to worry about.
Well, if you know me, you know that I wasn't going to let it go. I checked it every day to see if it was loose yet, and I consulted several friends. I guess I was just afraid that her teeth would be all crooked or something. So finally, a few days ago, it began to wiggle.
Well, if you know me, you know that I wasn't going to let it go. I checked it every day to see if it was loose yet, and I consulted several friends. I guess I was just afraid that her teeth would be all crooked or something. So finally, a few days ago, it began to wiggle.
Paige was so very excited. She called all her friends, starting of course with Mandy. Then she called her Nana, her Grandma and finally her daddy at work. She wiggled and wiggled it every day, but it wasn't coming out. In the mean time, her big girl tooth was getting bigger and coming further out of her gums.
Today she decided she'd had enough. She wanted it out. So I took a few pics, and with a quick count of 1.....2.....3..... and it was out! Paige lost her very first tooth! She's growing up so fast. Boo Hoo!
Tonight she is rummaging around trying to find her tooth fairy pillow because she can't wait to see what treasure she will get in the morning. What is the going rate for teeth these days?
Here are some before and after pictures, enjoy!
BEFORE: AFTER:
Here's her BIG GIRL TOOTH coming in!!


2 Comments:
HOW EXCITING!!!! Olivia checks her teeth every day to see if they are "nibbly" yet! I'm not too sure that the toothfairy gives just a quarter anymore....
Congratulations, Paige!!!!
HOW EXCITING!!!! Olivia checks her teeth every day to see if they are "nibbly" yet! I'm not too sure that the toothfairy gives just a quarter anymore....
Congratulations, Paige!!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home