Mommy and STILL an RN 4 LIFE

tales of a mom of 2 and ER nurse

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

This blog spot is dedicated to sharing my love for life and family, as well as being a wife, mother, and nurse.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Spring Break 2008

This year for spring break we spent some time enjoying Colorado and each other. We took a 3 day vacation up to Glenwood Springs, CO. We took in the fresh mountain air while we enjoyed our fabulous cabin. We swam in the snow and rain in the Hot Springs Pool. We took a few hikes in Glenwood Canyon. We spent some time throwing rocks into the river (too bad we didn't have our fishing gear!) We did some shopping and wildlife viewing, eating and of course relaxing!

After our 3 days in Glenwood on our way down the mountain, we stopped in Vail for the afternoon and took the kids on the Gondola to the top of Vail Mountain. We sat in the quaint Lionshead village and sipped on warm drinks and toodled around the town for a bit before heading back to Denver. Next time we go to Vail, we will have to do some skiing. I think the kids are about old enough to learn how!















We stopped at an awesome place to eat in Dillon called the DAM BREWERY. The food was scrumptious, and they have a beer there that won 3rd place in the World Beer Tour!!
Robert did manage to lose his very expensive and brand new cell phone and life planner up there.
After we came home we spend the week nursing 2 sick kids back to health. Nothing serious. Just annoying fevers and runny noses.
The last few days of spring break I went on my first ever scrapbooking retreat. I was invited by my good friend Angela and her sister to Estes Park for the retreat and I convinced Judy to skip Boy Scout training to join us! The retreat was so much fun! I missed my kids and my hubby, but 3 days goes by fast when you're on a mission.
I was able to finish Paige's ballet book and my Disney book from our Christmas Disney World trip 2 years ago. Here are some shots of what I got done while I was there!

Now it's back to business as usual. Paige is back to school, and has only 8 short weeks of KINDERGARTEN left! Robert is at midterm already of the 1st of his last 3 classes towards his Master's. We have to pick out graduation robes this weekend! And we are anxiously waiting to hear whether or not Cole got a spot in the PreSchool program at Paige's school for the fall!

Hope all is well and you enjoyed the pictures!!! If you want to see more from our Glenwood/Vail trip, click on the DotPhoto link at the top of my blog and view the full slideshow! THERE ARE TOO MANY GREAT PHOTOS TO POST THEM ALL ON HERE!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home