Cole-isms
The comedian. Every family has one. I think Cole is ours. Even though his quirky comedic comments are a product of him only being 3, he is always making us laugh! He has had me rolling this past week with a few new ones, which we fondly refer to as Cole-isms. I thought I would share some with you.

Oh I Love my Boy!
Cole and Paige have matching fish tanks in their rooms. Cole got his as an incentive to sleep in his own big boy bed. We decided on a fish tank after he stated he was afraid to sleep in his room alone. He picked out tiger barbs, which he calls his sharks. Well for some reason, his tank began turning green with algae. We had to empty the entire tank and scrub it, scrub the plants and clean the rocks. He asked us what we were doing...and we told him... we have to get all the algae out. As we were cleaning everything he shouts, "Paige, come quick!! Look at all the allergies going down the drain!" And again, as we were setting the tank back up, he asks oh so innocently..."Did you get all the allergies out Mom?" SO CUTE!
If that one didn't make you giggle, try this one. I had been cleaning out my ears with q-tips and Cole, curious as always, wanted to know why I was doing that. I don't make a habit to use q-tips in the kids ears because I have seen too many perforated ear drums in the ER from that very thing. So Cole is crying because he wants his ears cleaned. I told him his ears ARE clean. He finally let it go... but every day he reminds me that I must clean his ears, I have to get the WACK out!
So we have allergies in our fish tanks, and wack in our ears... but he takes the prize with this one. Earlier today I was using my foot file (girls, it's sandal season - you get it) and Cole asked what I was doing... I explained to him that I needed to get rid of all the cracks on my heels. He asked me if he could use my foot file. I said, "Cole, you don't have cracks on your heels..." to which he replies, "Yes I do! I have a big one... right here on my butt!" And to make the moment even funnier, he bends over and sticks his behind right up in the air.
Here is Cole playing Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger. He is flying his space ship!
I have one other story I have to share. It's not so much what he said, but what he did. We had a nice healthy dinner the other night. Fish, green beans, and some other stuff, can't really remember. We had used an old cookie dough tub to store the left over green beans. It was sitting on the counter. Well, Cole has been going through a phase where he really doesn't eat a whole lot... unless it's junk... We had talked him into swallowing 3 more bites of fish, and 3 bites of green beans before he could have dessert. COOKIES. The cookies were freshly baked and were on a cookie sheet on the stove. Cole saw the cookie dough tub. Well, our counters are just a smidge above his head still, so he reeeeeeeeeached up and into the tub grabbing a handful of green beans. He thought he was being sly, but we were totally watching him. He brought the beans to his mouth and a split second before jamming them in, he realized... this isn't cookie dough, and these aren't cookies. The look on his face was classicly disgusted and he threw the beans back into the tub...I was giggling... he couldn't figure out why. So I gave him a cookie.


1 Comments:
Thank you Angie, and Cole :) for the great laughs! I had tears in my eyes because you are such a great mom and you love your kids so much. You are a great person.
Your blog is great, I have one on blogspot too,www.my3littlerascals.blogspot.com. I haven't updated it in a long long time. Hope you are all doing great and hope to talk to you soon. Take care. Oh I forgot I saw your mother in law the other day and I knew I knew her from somewhere, I hate it when that happens. But I figured out who she was as soon as she was out of my site.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home