Christmas 2008
Christmas is always a magical time of year, and this year was no exception. We didn't pack as many festivities in as we usually do (Parade of Lights, Zoo Lights, Nutcrackers, etc. etc. etc.) so it made for a nice calm and quiet time to reflect on the spirit of the season.
We celebrated Christmas Eve in the traditional manner with attending church services at our new church. The Christmas Eve service we attended was a family service and was geared towards the "family" and children. The music was enlightening and we had a nice time. Right before we left for church we went to our friends', The Allen's house for a small celebration and gift exchange. We took some nice pictures and then all left together for church.
After the service we came home and had a nice family dinner of Ham and all the fixings. Mom and Judy were here to join us and then we opened gifts.
I was looking forward to a quiet Christmas shift. I wore Paige's Tinkerbell Santa hat and off to work I went. The ER was hopping busy, and for me, the Peds ER was no vacation. There were some very sick children on Christmas. It was sad. But I enjoyed spreading Christmas cheer to all my patients, and hope that I made it a little bit nicer for them, despite being in the hospital.
The day after Christmas was our annual Christmas Party with our friends. The theme was dessert and appetizers. Everyone brought yummies to snack on and we did our white elephant gift exchange. Then we spent the evening playing Taboo and let the record the show... the women are undefeated against the men!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home