Thanks be to God
Thankgiving is upon us! Sadly, it seems that this holiday gets swept under the rug. It gets lost somewhere between all the Halloween hub-bub and the retail shops getting geared up for the Christmas season. We go from black and orange to red and green. It bothers me because I think Thanksgiving is such a wonderful time!
My wonderful family. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful, loving husband. He keeps me steady and holds me up when I waver. He is truly a gift from the Lord above! My children. Wow, what can I say about them? Paige and Cole are an extension of my husband, and of me, as well. They make me smile and laugh every day and bring such completeness to my life! My mom, a solid presence in my life, from whom to this day I still get daily guidance. My mother-in-law, my grandparents, my Uncle, my cousins, and my Brother. All of whom I love and hold so close to my heart.
It is the one holiday where time slows down enough to allow us to reflect on what blessings are bestowed upon us and gives us a chance to really know what it means to give thanks. This year, I have so many things to be thankful for.
My home. In today's economy, it seems way too many people are struggling finanacially. With this comes the uncertainty of having a roof over your head. Our home is so special. I love the warmth and hominess that it offers. The neighborhood we live in is amazingly beautiful and a true representation of what it means to live in Colorado. HOME SWEET HOME!
My health. Despite breaking my wrist this fall, I have my health! In fact, at my last check up, my doctor told me that on paper I am perfect! All my labs are great, my vitals, everything. I feel so blessed to be healthy and strong. Esspecially when I look around at all the people I see in the ER each week that are battling such horrible diseases as diabetes, cancer, depression...etc.
There are so many things to list, but perhaps the thing I am most thankful for this year is my dear friend Jen. She and I have only known each other for a year. But time is irrelevant when you look at how we close we have become. She is like the sister I never had, but always wanted. We joke about how we must have been separated at birth. She is such a generous and loving spirit. She and I have a bond that can never be broken. I believe in fate, and we both believe that fate is what brought us together. Even though I have grown 31 years without her, I feel like she has been here all along. Everyone should be so lucky as to have a friendship like this one.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home