Empty Nest - Phase 1
They say parents get their first taste of empty nest syndrome when they send their youngest child off to full day school... I totally get that now! Paige started 3rd Grade this year and Cole moved up to 1st Grade. Both of my babies are now in school ALL DAY and I am trying to decide what on earth I am going to do with my time?!
I thought today was going to be an emotional day and I would literally be counting the minutes until they got off the bus this afternoon... so in order to occupy myself I invited over a few of my mommy friends who also sent their 1st graders out the door today. We made breakfast and sat around and chatted and actually enjoyed the peace and quiet of the morning without kids running around. I did miss Paige and Cole, and was excited when the day ended and they were home... but I only cried for a minute or two this morning as the bus drove away, rather than all day like I had anticipated. Thanks to my awesome friends for smoothing the transition for me today!
I thought today was going to be an emotional day and I would literally be counting the minutes until they got off the bus this afternoon... so in order to occupy myself I invited over a few of my mommy friends who also sent their 1st graders out the door today. We made breakfast and sat around and chatted and actually enjoyed the peace and quiet of the morning without kids running around. I did miss Paige and Cole, and was excited when the day ended and they were home... but I only cried for a minute or two this morning as the bus drove away, rather than all day like I had anticipated. Thanks to my awesome friends for smoothing the transition for me today!





1 Comments:
Oh my how I can relate...to a point! My baby started kindergarten this year so he's gone all day Tues/Thurs and half of Friday. I did in fact cry quite a bit, then my mommy friend kept me occupied the rest of the day - thank God for Mommy friends!! Glad you made it through - I'm sure it just gets better from here...in a different, but wonderful way!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home