Mommy and STILL an RN 4 LIFE

tales of a mom of 2 and ER nurse

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

This blog spot is dedicated to sharing my love for life and family, as well as being a wife, mother, and nurse.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter - 2010

This year's Easter turned out to be simple, quiet, and peaceful. We had planned to have an open house brunch and invited a bunch of our friends and family. We made a spiral cut honey ham and the works. I even planned an Easter Egg hunt for the kids and stuffed a ton of plastic eggs. However, by the time I got around to actually inviting everyone, most people already had plans.
In preparation for the days events, we decided to attend Saturday evening services at church. We have done that for the past couple of years since we have been attending Eastern Hills Community Church. Pastor Shawn always suggests that we come Saturday night to avoid the huge crowds of Easter Sunday. We actually prefer it. It is nice to attend an Easter eve service and then get to sleep in on Easter Sunday.


We spent the days leading up to Easter dying eggs and making Easter cards for the family. This year the kids tried a new technique to color the eggs called marbeling. It was a lot of fun and totally hands on. I think both Paige and Cole enjoyed coloring the eggs this way.
I did some research on cupcake decorating to satisfy an urge I had to hand make and hand decorate the cute Easter cupcakes this year. I bought a couple of Martha Stuart-type magazines and read through some books at the library. I think I nailed it on the head for what I wanted to accomplish.
On Sunday morning the kids woke up and began their annual "hunt" for their baskets. The Easter Bunny is becoming progressively more difficult with the hiding places and this year it took Paige and Cole easily 20 minutes to find them. Cole's was hidden in the cat carrier and Paige's was hidden in a gift bag UNDERNEATH the tissue paper. I don't know how she found it, but she did.

Despite only having our family over to celebrate, we enjoyed a lovely dinner and the kids had a great time on their egg hunt. My nephew Oz was here, and Paige's friend Amanda came over for awhile. It was a blessed day. He is Risen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home