Best Friends are Forever
I have many great friends! But everyone has one or two people who are their absolute BEST friends! For me, those 2 people are Summer and Dawn. Summer and I have been friends for literally, as long as I can remember. She and I "met" when we were a year old. Her mom was my day care mom and one of my mom's good friends. I spent 3 days a week, 12-24 hours at a time at Summer's house. We were practically sisters! Her 2 brothers, Dustin and Chad, became like brothers to me. We shared a crib for naptime, we fought over cute boys to play house with, and we compared changing body parts to each others as we grew older. We went to the same school and were in the same classes. We were inseperable. We attended school together until 7th grade when my family moved and I had to switch schools. We remained in the same school district though, so I was able to see her at sporting events and of course we talked for hours and hours on the phone over the high school years. She attended CSU and I attended UNC, both state universities in Colorado and 30 minutes away from each other. We were able to spend time together for some key college moments as well! When the time came for me to get married, Summer was my Maid of Honor. Now we are both 32 years old. We are still best friends and talk all the time. We have children of similar age and both work in the medical profession. We are probably the closest that two friends can come to actually being sisters... Summer and I will always be friends!
Dawn and I met in college, at UNC. We had a chemistry class together and were both taking pre-req's for nursing school. We were in a similar situation with our roommates... in that... we both had horrible ones. We became instant friends! We had all the same classes and labs and even both had jobs at the same nursing home. After our first semester we managed to rid ourselves of the horrible roommates and she moved into my dorm room. We were together 24/7 for those years! Dawn also stood up with me on my wedding day. She was my brides maid, in theory... but really... she was my 2nd Maid of Honor. I was blessed to be her Matron of Honor when she got married as well. Dawn is also the God Mother to my children. She and I both work as ER nurses, although at different facilities... and will always and forever be besties. Dawn and I plan to some day be roomies again in a nursing home so we can have wheelchair races down the hall and start food fights like in the good ol' days!
I could not get through my life if it weren't for my 2 best friends, and of course the other amazing friends that I have to surround me! And I am so happy to see that my little girl has also found one she calls her BFF. Mandy. Paige and Mandy are similar to me and Summer. They began playing together as babies because Mandy's mom, Kelly, is one of my dearest friends. Paige and Mandy are together as often as they can be and I hope and pray that they will grow up to have as special of a bond as I have with my BFF's!
Dawn and I met in college, at UNC. We had a chemistry class together and were both taking pre-req's for nursing school. We were in a similar situation with our roommates... in that... we both had horrible ones. We became instant friends! We had all the same classes and labs and even both had jobs at the same nursing home. After our first semester we managed to rid ourselves of the horrible roommates and she moved into my dorm room. We were together 24/7 for those years! Dawn also stood up with me on my wedding day. She was my brides maid, in theory... but really... she was my 2nd Maid of Honor. I was blessed to be her Matron of Honor when she got married as well. Dawn is also the God Mother to my children. She and I both work as ER nurses, although at different facilities... and will always and forever be besties. Dawn and I plan to some day be roomies again in a nursing home so we can have wheelchair races down the hall and start food fights like in the good ol' days!
I could not get through my life if it weren't for my 2 best friends, and of course the other amazing friends that I have to surround me! And I am so happy to see that my little girl has also found one she calls her BFF. Mandy. Paige and Mandy are similar to me and Summer. They began playing together as babies because Mandy's mom, Kelly, is one of my dearest friends. Paige and Mandy are together as often as they can be and I hope and pray that they will grow up to have as special of a bond as I have with my BFF's!
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |



1 Comments:
I love your passions when you write about something
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home