Mommy and STILL an RN 4 LIFE

tales of a mom of 2 and ER nurse

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

This blog spot is dedicated to sharing my love for life and family, as well as being a wife, mother, and nurse.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Road Trippin'

The trip was GOING to happen! I was determined to blow town for a couple days for some much needed R&R and I really really wanted to see my brother! If you remember, we didn't get to take the trip to Arizona that we had planned a few weeks ago... so now it's spring break and we are leaving!

We planned to leave Saturday, but mother nature had another plan. They called for a second round to our "blizzard" from last week, so we decided to play our departure by ear. We spent Saturday cleaning the house (I love coming home from vacation to a clean house), doing laundry and just doing general pre-vacation chores. Needless to say, the snow did not come. We had a nice ICE storm, but no snow. So Sunday morning after the sun came out the roads began to melt, and we took our cue.

We had good roads throughout most of Colorado, with only a few slippery spots south of Colorado Springs, but once we hit the New Mexico border, it was sunny and warm! We stopped in a few spots along the way, including Albuquerque, which is the half way point, and along the Historic Route 66 (which Cole knows well from the Disney movie CARS). But in only 10 1/2 short hours we arrived at our destination of Sedona, Arizona.


We drove in at night, but I was able to tell we were in the right place because I could see the shadows of the towering rocks and I could even make out the striations of color along the rocks. Robert read in a book that not everyone can see the stripes at night, and if you can, you are looking at the "energy" that the rocks are famous for! I guess I am special that way!

We checked in at the Poco Diablo Radisson Golf Resort (which we made reservations for from the road). Everything about this trip is going to be without a schedule and totally relaxing. We ate dinner at the T. Carl's restaurant before turning in. We briefly considered a dip in the pool, but we were all very tired so we hit the hay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home