Mommy and STILL an RN 4 LIFE

tales of a mom of 2 and ER nurse

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

This blog spot is dedicated to sharing my love for life and family, as well as being a wife, mother, and nurse.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Birthday to me . . .

I had a really nice birthday this year. It was the 2nd anniversary of my 30th birthday and it was a great year! The day started off a little rocky with a little non-birthday business I had to tend to. I had an appt. with Dr. Ogin, the Neuro doc for my wrist injury. As a special Happy Birthday gift to me, he gave me a cortisone injection in hopes of helping my newly diagnosed CARPAL TUNNEL SYDROME. Yes, after my work-related wrist fracture, I now have post-injury CTS. Physical therapy is over and aside from splinting, there is not much else I can do, so my work comp doctor sent me to a neuro-physicist... or something like that. He injected me and all I have to say to that is OOWWWW! It really could turn out to be a gift, if it heals me...

Robert was in lock down at work all week and he was unable to take the day off like he has in all the years past. I planned to keep the kids home with me to keep me company. Paige insisted on attending school because it was her 100th day and she didn't want to miss the festivities. However, despite both of our wishes, Paige was sick with a fever, so she had to stay home for other reasons that weren't as fun. She did perk up after Motrin and we spent the afternoon with my mom. We went out for a nice dinner at a new Italian place in Parker and then went back to my mom's house. The kids helped her bake and decorate a cake for me, and there were even gifts. It was very sweet and homey and traditional, and I loved it.

Robert and the kids took me to dinner and a movie on Friday night to celebrate since he was not able to be with me on my actual birthday. We took the kids to see Coraline, in 3-D. It was an interesting flick, but the company was the best part.

The celebration continued when Jen took me to get a spa pedicure and then out to dinner at Claim Jumper. It was nice to have girl time and catch up, just us. And lastly, the girls all showed up for a festive birthday brunch hosted at Ann and Dustin's house to finish off the week. Ann, Trina and Kelly were there and brunch was so yummy!

I am so blessed to have so many friends to celebrate with! This birthday tops the list!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home